Vehicle Specifications and Contact Information
- Mileage Or Exempt
Engine & Transmission
- Engine Type
- Engine Size
- 427 FE V8
- Engine Number
- Transmission Type
- 4 Speed Manual
- Transmission Spec
- Body Color
- Wimbledon White
- Body Style
- Interior Color
- Medium Beige
- Seating Type
- Shifter Type
- Center Console
Contact Us About This Vehicle
Fill out the Form below:
Rotisserie Built, Thunderbolt Tribute! 427ci FE V8, 4-Speed, Extremely Correct!
1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt Tribute
Check out this pristine 1964 Ford Fairlane 500 Thunderbolt Tribute with all the right stuff. This clone is 98% correct from the aluminum tow bar hitches to the exact Dearborn steel tubing traction bars! This Thunderbolt not only features all the correct equipment but also all the little details that make it a #1 show winner. The body has been finished in the correct Ford color of Wimbledon White. This gorgeous paint covers the original rust-free body and the fiberglass trunk, hood, and fenders. All the stainless trim is perfect including the grill and chrome bumpers. Inside is all correct including Bostrom bucket seats upholstered in correct gold vinyl, mounted on powder coated seat brackets on correct rubber floor mat. The dashboard is the correct color with the radio and heater delete plate. All window sash and interior metal is the correct color and perfect. It features the original and correct Ford Rotunda Tachometer accompanied by Stewart Warner Gauges. The dash pad has been signed by Ford Drag Racing Legends, Hubert Platt and Dick Brannan. Under that tear drop hood is a correct Ford 427ci FE center oiler V8 with the correct Holley carburetors with correct fuel log all mounted on a Ford medium riser intake for drivability. The engine is partnered with a Toploader 4-Speed Manual Transmission and Ford 9inch Rear End. This is a beautiful Thunderbolt Tribute any collector or enthusiast would love to own. When Hubert Platt sat in the car to sign the dash, he asked what number it was. (He thought it was a real one)!
Call us today and let VMS park your dream in your driveway! 248-974-9513
- Correct Wimbledon White, this gorgeous paint covers the original rust free body and the fiberglass trunk hood and fenders.
- Correct Bostrom bucket seats upholstered in correct gold vinyl, mounted on powder coated seat brackets on correct rubber floor mat.
- Dash board is correct color with radio and heater delete plate. All window sash and interior metal is correct color and perfect with mint door and quarter panel upholstery. Including T-Bolt door panel arm rest deletes and rear side window crank deletes.
- Hurst shifter with original style shift ball (shift pattern only) does not have Hurst logo imprinted on sides.
- Original and correct Ford Rotunda Tachometer accompanied by Stewart Warner Gauges.
- Ford Lightweight warranty disclaimer plate attached to inside of glove box door.
- Dash signed by Hubert Platt and Dick Brannan.
- 427 FE center oiler V8, bored .030 over with forged pistons, 10:1 compression, pump gas friendly.
- Balanced and Blueprinted Engine with 7 qt. Milodon oil pan.
- Lunati flat tappet solid lifter cam, Crane hardened rocker arm adjuster balls on Ford rocker arms.
- Medium riser ported heads with correct chrome valve covers.
- Correct Holley carbs with correct fuel log all mounted on Ford medium riser intake for driveability. Carter mechanical fuel pump, repo steel gas tank.
- Correct fuel lines and fuel filter canister.
- Correct intake tubes (Purchased direct from Dearborn Steel Tubing) with correct aluminum carb bonnet, with K&N air filters in intake tubes.
- Correct Ford Duel Point distributor with Pertronix ignition wires.
- Crites ceramic coated headers, 3" exhaust into Flowmasters exiting in front of rear wheels.
- Aluminum radiator with shroud and correct powder coated fan guard featuring exact/rare fan warning decal in orange and white.
- 7 blade fan with fan clutch and Flow Kooler water pump. Car runs 180 all day long.
- Correct Ford steel bellhousing scattershield NHRA approved.
- Correct Borg Warner top loader 4 speed transmission.
- Correct Ford 9" rear end with 4:10 gears and detroit locker.
- Correct Dearborn designed traction bar and frame connector system unique to the T-Bolt (side-to-side connector) which also doubles as drive shaft loop (top and bottom) and the front mount for the traction bars.
- Coker B.F. Goodrich front tires mounted on M/T Radir aluminum mag wheels. These are the correct single rib wheels as per the original M/T design and are only available special order. Two piston disc brakes with duel master cylinder for safe stopping.
- Hoosier cheater slicks mounted on powder coated steel rims with Moroso bead lock screws.
- Correct aluminum tow hitch brackets
- Repop Autolite bus battery mounted in trunk per original T-Bolts with shut off switch. Battery is actually two dry mat battery's mounted in repop case (acid free no worries)
Go to www.vanguardmotorsales.com to see over 100 HD photos and our in-depth video for this 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt Tribute and over 200 other classics! 248-974-9513
Ford 427ci FE Center Oiler V8
Engine # C3AE - 6015AB
Dual 4 Barrel
- List #S: 1850 - 6 2561/3150
- Vacuum Secondary
- Straight Booster
- 600 CFM Each
Top Loader Transmission
- 4 Speed Manual
- Trans # HEH - H 010560
- 427 Correct
- 28 Spline
- 1964 Correct
- Close Ratio
Front Suspension: Coil Spring
Rear Suspension: Leaf Spring
- 4.10 Gear
Front - Disc
Rear - Drum
Wheels and Tires
Front Wheels: 15”
Rear Wheels: 15”
Front Tires: BFGoodrich Silver Towns 6.40x15
Rear Tires: Mickey Thompson ET Drags 26.0/8.5 – 15
- Tank is New
- Cross Member looks Original
- Drop Downs look Good
- Frame is Beautiful
- Rebuilt Spring Packs
- Shocks look New
- Mounting Points look Good
- Pinch Welds are Good
- Floor Boards look Original
- Brake Lines in Good Shape
- Fuel Line in Great Condition
- Back Side of Rockers is Solid
- Radius arms look Good
- Correct Aluminum Tow Hooks
- Tear Drop Hood looks Great
- Chrome Bumper looks Great
- Grille Fits Nicely
- Fiber Glass Hood Lines Up Well
- Stainless looks Great
- Doors Operate Nicely
- Paint is Phenomenal
- Chrome looks Good
- Emblems are Great
- Trunk Opens Smoothly
- Trunk Floor is Solid
- Wheel Wells look Good
- Back of Quarters are Solid
- Fiber Glass Deck Lid
- Rubber in Great Condition
- Econoline Seats looks Great
- Door Panel looks Great
- Steering Wheel in Great Shape
- Chrome looks Amazing
- Upholstery looks Amazing
- Head Liner in Good Condition
- Dash Pad in Good Shape
- Gauges in Good Shape
- Tach Works
- Horn Works
Don't miss out! Call Tom 7 days a week! 248-974-9513